Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Iowa City trip

I sought I better write since I haven't written anything in a while. We went back to Iowa city to get fitted for her bands and appliances in her mouth. Well her appointment was at 8am so we were their and on time. We get to the reception area and we were told that we had to go talk to the lady at the business office so we went and she was wanting me to sign the contract for Emilee stuff she had to have done. What a stress for few minutes, so she tells me that is going to cost 2200.00 that is just for the bands and appliances that not all the other stuff she has to have done later. Then the lady begins to tell me that I have to put 550.00 down today and I said you want to kiss my what____________. Sorry to be that way but who the heck has 550.00 laying around cause I don't. Then another lady came out and said they were going to send to the insurance and see what they will pay. Then we go back to see the dentist and I guess the regular dentist is no longer their so we had to see another one and scared Emilee and she started to cry and was scared cause she wasn't sure what they were going to do. Then the dentist was rude and said is she not emotional ready and I said excuse me if you had 15 surgery wouldn't you be scared too. At the age of 7 and has 15 surgery's I wonder why every time we go to Iowa City she screams wonder why!!!!!!! So we were only in their 15 minute and the dentist said her teeth weren't ready and we see you in a couple of months.

Then yesterday I had to work and my husband called and said he was going on a fire call and wouldn't be able pick up right away so I said find we will have them walk home, called the school they said that was fine. Well after school came and it was getting close to 4pm and my husband was waiting for them to come by the station cause they always comes by and he was going to grab them. Well about 4:08 he call me and wants to know where the kids are and I said I don't know I am work they were suppose to walk. So Jim goes to the school and park to look for them I try to call my sisters house and my brother in law and no one answers. So now we can t find them and I was at work scared to death so we have the school involved trying to help us find them, then to find out my brother in law had them at a doctors appointment instead of calling someone to let them know he didn't. Thank goodness they were with someone. Then my step daughter gave in some hell for not calling let me tell you something you should never mess with a pregnant women they are tough sometimes. So the rest of the story is my brother in law says its all my fault and I should have known but i didn't when he doesn't answer the phone and My kids knew what they were suppose to do. Oh well its over now. So as you can see the last few days have been stressful but are going to get better this weekend.

I have a girls nite out on Friday after work and a wedding to go to this weekend and hopefully on Sunday Connie, her cousin and I can play games so much fun!!!!

No comments: